Charging Cable That Fits Theough The Dock.

Hoveringpie
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

May 14th, 2017, 7:01 pm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Braided-BlitzW ... +micro+usb

Hi all I'm new to the forums and thought I would start off by helping everyone with a linx vision.

The above cable fits perfectly into the vision through the controller dock. The quality is fantastic.
In fact I'm going to get the missus one for her vision!

If any one else has found some cables that fit through the dock please add them below.
F0LLETT

May 15th, 2017, 8:08 am

Hoveringpie wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Braided-BlitzW ... +micro+usb

Hi all I'm new to the forums and thought I would start off by helping everyone with a linx vision.

The above cable fits perfectly into the vision through the controller dock. The quality is fantastic.
In fact I'm going to get the missus one for her vision!

If any one else has found some cables that fit through the dock please add them below.
Do a search, there is another thread on cables's that fit through dock.
I would find it myself, just in work at moment.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
bigsadface
Retailer: ebay

August 6th, 2017, 10:35 am

Does anyone know of a cheaper cable that fits through?

I have had a search and cannot find any others
F0LLETT

January 1st, 2018, 7:52 pm

bigsadface wrote:Does anyone know of a cheaper cable that fits through?

I have had a search and cannot find any others
Just bought aload of these, they also do fast charge. Fast Charge Cables
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

November 3rd, 2018, 9:32 pm

These Tecknet Cables fit , I just got a 5 pack

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Durabl ... B00WMCIH90
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
skuk05
Retailer: Ebay

April 6th, 2019, 9:45 am

Could any genuine owner of linx vision 8 tablet please post a picture of the 1. manufacturer power supply unit, 2. uk plug region adapter and 3. micro USB to USB cable. I from manual learn these three devices made the original setup to power and charge.

There seems to be great unnecessary confusion and much hassle created, with second owners without the cables, uk plug, power supply, as they are relying on universal CHARGING equipment (micro USB to USB cable, connected into a uk plug) to run vision 8. This is likely to produce only the required 5v and 2amps, to CHARGE the tablet.

Actual, functional use of the tablet and using controller or micro hdmi will require much more power beyond charging. This is why the power supply is vital, yet due to deliberate attempts to hide this customers are wasting time and money buying secondary cables. This is a deliberate ploy to annoy, frustrate, limit especially when cradle has its own unique outlet for inserting micro USB.

The original power supply is no where to be seen, or available to buy.

Can honest users please post picture of the power supply, and specs.

Update 10/04/19, 5v and 2amp plug is sufficient to power and charge up the device, ensure you use a cable that will allow 2amp to pass through. Also ensure you use tablet from 100 percent charge, and wherever possible keep it connected to power supply or a powerbank (I've tested 5v 1a power bank outlet to linx vision 8 and they can charge the tablet. Note this is different to "powering" which is the power being consumed as you are using the device, this normally will be at the stated 5volts x 2amp equal 10watt). You want the full 10watts to come from power bank, so the 10watt power being consumed on the battery inside the device never falls or depreciates, as this will flats line the battery due to constant drain.

I stand by the claim there is deliberate vagueness how to fit this micro USB to USB cable through the controller dock. My one supplied second hand doesn't fit. You really don't want to be experimenting ordering cables online either, 1broken or dented pin on micro USB table inlet, will ruin the entire device.

Why powerbank is the way to go, if you can find suitable short cable to fit through micro USB inlet on controller dock. Everyday usage will then be just unplugging cables from accessible powerbank, that you could attach on the back of dock.

If you wish to use micro hdmi, this will require taking out of the controller dock, this will mean unplugging the micro USB pins also from any cable or attachment you've got to fix, and spoil above setup and also constant swapping and changing ruin health of pins. The only solution would be to do away with Exertis restriction completely, and drill a hole for micro hdmi functionality on dock. Don't take risks, minimise harm, wait and i'll investigate if this is possible, using my certified newbie status.