Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Games not signing into Xbox Live : Help (Linx Vision)

Games not signing into Xbox Live

Games not signing into Xbox Live

by jamski » January 12th, 2018, 11:37 am

Hi all.

I've got a Linx Vision tablet, not used all that much but have dusted it off to use again. Installed various Windows updates, updated all the apps. I can log into the Xbox app totally fine, but none of the games will connect to Xbox live. They either just say they can't log in, or hang when I try to connect. I've made a new user and it's the same. I've tried on different wifi networks, so it's not being blocked.

Before I try a complete reinstall, any last ideas to try?

Thanks,

James.

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Games not signing into Xbox Live

by F0LLETT » January 12th, 2018, 11:45 am

jamski wrote:Hi all.

I've got a Linx Vision tablet, not used all that much but have dusted it off to use again. Installed various Windows updates, updated all the apps. I can log into the Xbox app totally fine, but none of the games will connect to Xbox live. They either just say they can't log in, or hang when I try to connect. I've made a new user and it's the same. I've tried on different wifi networks, so it's not being blocked.

Thanks,

James.

Its not a Vision problem. When you do network test are they all coming back fine?
I had an issue like this with MW3 when it first came out. We thought it was the game, turned out to be a setting in the router causing it to be to strict when it came to certain games and servers. Other games were fine though.

Simple question is, on the actual XBOX, do you have same problem (i.e. physically use XBOX, NOT REMOTE through Vision).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

by jamski » January 12th, 2018, 11:52 am

F0LLETT wrote:
jamski wrote:Hi all.

Thanks,

James.

Its not a Vision problem. When you do network test are they all coming back fine?
I had an issue like this with MW3 when it first came out. We thought it was the game, turned out to be a setting in the router causing it to be to strict when it came to certain games and servers. Other games were fine though.

Simple question is, on the actual XBOX, do you have same problem (i.e. physically use XBOX, NOT REMOTE through Vision).

Nope, Xbox is totally fine. I've turned all the security off of home, so nothing is being blocked. Trying now at work and it's the same. Before all the updates it worked perfectly. Signing into the Xbox app on the tablet works, I'm logged in fine. But I just can't link any Windows 10 games to my Xbox account. So can't get achievements, however they are showing in my game feed as being played, so it's knowing I'm playing them. It's very odd.

by F0LLETT » January 13th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Ah, Now thats different to what your title implies.
Your doing something I have never tried. So your installing windows 10 games (PC) and then trying to use them with XBOX app?
Resolute and Industrious

by jamski » January 14th, 2018, 7:22 pm

My Windows 10 games weren't signing in to Xbox live. That's exactly the problem and exactly the title of the thread. Never mind, a reinstall of Windows and it's all working again.

by F0LLETT » January 14th, 2018, 9:48 pm

jamski wrote:My Windows 10 games weren't signing in to Xbox live. That's exactly the problem and exactly the title of the thread. Never mind, a reinstall of Windows and it's all working again.

You shouldn't have to reinstall windows. I would have next said to try and force remove XBOX app, then reinstall it from store.
Resolute and Industrious