Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Android on 1010B : General (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

Android on 1010B

General chit-chat on the Linx 1010

Android on 1010B

by lembi2001 » October 11th, 2018, 11:16 am

Hi guys

Just picked up this device for my Daughter from my local pawn shop. Device runs beautifully but I wanted to run Android on it.

Off I went downloading various versions of Android x86 and ports like Remix OS and Phoenix OS.

My problem is this:

Android-x86 7.1 r2 installs and runs with sound (thanks to a state file shared by someone on this forum) but the screen does not rotate.
Remix OS doesn't boot but will install
Phoenix OS will install but the Grub Menu doesn't launch and the rotation is inverted.

Has anyone successfully got a version of Android running on this device?

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A
Windows Version: Windows 10 Enterprise

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Android on 1010B

by lembi2001 » October 11th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Quick update,

Have identified a couple of files that are different between native Android-x86 and Phoenix OS. Have copied these files out of the system.sfs file for Phoenix and will import them into Android Native.

by lembi2001 » October 11th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Well that didn't work.

I don't understand why Phoenix OS can see the sensors yet Android-X86 can't.

Hoping someone has some ideas.

by DerekGL4 » October 12th, 2018, 11:15 am

Hi Lembi2001

If you've not already checked this out, you may find some help here:

http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=49

I'm afraid I've no direct experience of trying Android on my 12x64 - it was bought secondhand to give me an easily portable example of a Windows 10 machine.

That said, I did at one point manage to boot my 12x64 from a Linux live thumbdrive. When I did that, I found that the wifi didn't work, which was annoying, to say the least.

In the past, I've often experimented with Android x86 on other PCs, with the goal of making them easier to use for folk who already use other Android devices. When attempting that, I've never really had any outcomes that were good enough to justify permanent installations, relative to the alternative of a more conventional Linux installation.

If Android x86 is effectively yet another version of Linux, then to work painlessly out of the box, it needs to come with all the important and necessary device drivers already spliced into its kernel. So if the versions of Andoid x86 and Remix that you've tried behave differently, then that could be down to differences in their respective kernels.

Kind Regards

Derek.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: CashGenerator
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home