Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx Tablets in education. : General (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

Linx Tablets in education.

General chit-chat on the Linx 1010

Linx Tablets in education.

by richardatace » January 9th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Hello all,

I hope this post finds you well. I work as part of a small IT team at a multi trust academy. We are currently in the middle of testing out these Linx 1010 tablets to see how well they work in an education environment.

I have two questions. Are there any other users on this forum that also use Linx 1010 tablets for this purpose? Also, are the UEFIs on the 1010 model as fragile or as liable to bricking as the other models?

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx Tablets in education.

by tbeard » January 9th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Hi,

I have a few schools that are using the 1010E and not had any real problem except that we had to change the version of Windows 10 from Pro to Enterprise (which is covered under the EES licencing we have), this is because the Start and Active Tiles couldn't be controlled by GPO under Pro.

They are currently being used by staff only and are running SIMS without an issue.

Not had any problems with the UEFI on any of them to be honest.

Cheers,
Karl
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: 3Monkeys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by F0LLETT » January 9th, 2017, 9:53 pm

UEFI is not flakey.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by enselby » January 23rd, 2017, 12:08 pm

We've got sixty of them that came installed with 10 Pro, which we've had to swap for Education. Haven't really encountered any issues with UEFI up to now.

Retailer: Civica
Windows Version: Windows 10 Enterprise

by richardatace » February 8th, 2017, 1:41 am

Sorry for the slow reply. I don't check back at the forum very often. It's been damned busy here. Thanks very much for the feedback as I am readying up 11 Linx1010 tablets this week. So the info is much appreciated. As they will initially will be used off the domain with a local user account for now we won't encounter that issue with the tiles yet. ;-) Though I can build a few scripts to sort that I think. Once I have more time I may well sort some custom Win 10 images to get around some of those issues. Hence my questions about the UEFI, I didn't want to have them bricked during imaging. Despite that I will be password protecting the UEFI anyway as we do have some very curious children/young people. Anything that I encounter or tips that I can provide will be posted soon, so to share the love so to speak.

Thanks all, much appreciated!! :-)

Richard.

Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro