Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Using Tablet Keyboard in game : Gaming (All Devices)

Using Tablet Keyboard in game

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Using Tablet Keyboard in game

by pipshady » December 30th, 2015, 7:04 pm

Hey All!

I have a Linx Vision, brilliant for Xbox streaming but so far I am getting really frustrated with steam!

Basically in Race 07 and GT Legends I need to access the touchscreen keyboard whilst in the game, can this be done at all?

If it can't surely this would make the controller that comes with the Vision completely useless, as there is no way to plug in a keyboard with the controller attached!

Can anyone help?

Phil

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Pc World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Using Tablet Keyboard in game

by Cliff » January 5th, 2017, 4:10 am

I know this post is a year old so it might be a waste of time answering, but I had an idea that might work if your controller can be used like a mouse or you don't mind cleaning fingerprints from your touch screen.

Before starting a game type OSK which will start a windowed on screen keyboard, minimise OSK then attach your game controller. OSK is on every operating system from Windows XP to Windows 10 but not many seem to know about it. When playing to type something minimise your game, click on the OSK, maximise the game again and then you can use the on-screen keyboard which stays on top of other screens. When finished minimise the keyboard and continue playing. The OSK keyboard will appear even if you have hardware connected such as a keyboard so it should appear with your game controller connected too.

The typed-in to start version of OSK has a useful Fade button in the bottom right which will make the keyboard transparent enough to read text behind it, until pressed again.
Last edited by Cliff on February 5th, 2017, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos

Re: Using Tablet Keyboard in game

by F0LLETT » January 8th, 2017, 6:58 pm

Just do as I do.
Set the game resolution as windows (without borders) and then move the screen so you can see the top part of taskbar. To get keyboard, simply swipe up from bottom and bar will appear, press OSK icon.

I use this method for AmigaOS4.1 in WinUAE. Works a treat, else you can never exit it without keyboard.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos