Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Urgent help required, please! : General (All Devices)

Urgent help required, please!

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Urgent help required, please!

by Squirrel2015 » February 14th, 2018, 10:27 pm

I've got a friend's Linx 1010 (no keyboard) because there's no space for Windows to update so I was intending to do a fresh install of Windows 10, just as I did on my 1010B. Unfortunately, I've come up with a BIG problem

It's got to the point where it's asking which language, Time/Currency and Keyput / input method - all English / UK

However, I can't get 'Next' to respond to touch, as it seems the touch screen facility isn't working, I have no other method of input

Can anyone please advise as to next step, please? I'm tempted to switch device off and see what happens when I start it up again.

I really need some urgent help here .... Thanks
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Urgent help required, please!

by Squirrel2015 » February 15th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Update:

As no one posted any advice and the tablet was 'stuck', I decided to force a shutdown, ie held Vol Up/Down and the SwitchOn buttons for a few seconds.

Once shutdown, I removed the USB Flash drive which had Windows 10 Fall and Drivers, and then booted it up again. Somehow, it went into installing Windows 10 so, having left it overnight, it had completed by this morning. Then the usual selection of language etc, for which the touchscreen worked OK, and it's now fully up to date, with Version 1709, Build 16299.248

I just need to download and install a few programs and then all should be finished :)
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home