Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 10 (64 Bit) BIOS : Linx 10 & Linx 10 3G

Linx 10 (64 Bit) BIOS

Linx 10 (64 Bit) BIOS

by Dann » September 5th, 2017, 12:54 am

Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 10 (64 Bit) BIOS

by xrcld » October 13th, 2017, 11:24 am

This bricked my tablet :evil: - flashed using cmd fptw.exe -f [biosfilename].bin -bios

Linx Tablet: Linx 10 (3G)
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

by Wallist9 » October 27th, 2017, 8:43 am

Tablet won’t turn on after updating bios? Is there any sort of emergency recovery I can do using the old bios file and a flash drive?

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by xrcld » October 30th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Wallist9 wrote:Tablet won’t turn on after updating bios? Is there any sort of emergency recovery I can do using the old bios file and a flash drive?

I've tried to recover the BIOS using AMI recovery procedure - putting an old bios file in USB Stick and pressing [CTRL] and [Home] simultaneously - on external USB keyboard but it did not work :| . Maybe original keyboard cover will make it happen, but I couldn't test it because I don't have one.

I just ended up with desoldering and reprogramming BIOS chip in BIOS programator. Some computer repair shops can do that kind of stuff.

This BIOS is for Linx 10 4GB RAM/64GB ROM version I guess...
If so, title is misleading and it caused some real trouble, and installing this on 2/32GB version just bricks a tablet :!:

If it's meant to work on 2/32GB version, well, it looks like it does not work. :x

I would really appreciate to someone (admin) change the title (if it works only on 4GB version) or just put a warning that it's not working on all devices (if someone was even able to power up a tablet after this...) or just remove it.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10 (3G)
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

by TheLinx » January 16th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Dan can you confirm as to whether this BIOS update is for the original Linx 10 tablet owners i.e the original Linx10 tablets that were cursed with the 32bit bios.

Is this a BIOS upgrade for the original device or is this new BIOS you've posted for another Linx 10 they released at a later date or something?

I'm hoping it will allow me to upgrade my old BIOS on my old 32bit Linx 10 (the original one) as the 32bit BIOS has been a pain in the ass from day one.

I'll wait til i hear back from you before I take the plunge and attempt to install it.

Regards
The Linx
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Unknown
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home